Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ben Folds Five and I wasn't there

Damn them for being from North Carolina. That's halfway across the world from here.
And damn them for not taking this show on the road one last time. I would eat those tickets up in a heartbeat.

I've read a few articles, seen a few youtube clips this morning, but nothing will quite live up to the splendor of seeing them live.

I unfortunately came across them just before they called it quits, and I never did once seem them live. Looks like my time has come and gone. But with this, there could always be more. Why not?
I can dream can't I?

There's been a few bands that I've missed seeing live: Genesis, Ben Folds Five, Soul Coughing.
There are more, but it's early, and I'm a little sleepy.

Today, work. Tonight, Rock Band 2 with all of the songs cocked and ready. I'm pretty excited. Here's a reminder to myself to print out the track listings tonight.

I'm hoping too there will be a DVD in the works from this concert. I want to see it all and remember the times I never had.

With the internet, after all, everything's possible.

No comments: